We have a wealth of experience in the buying and selling of properties. This section sets out the costs involved and the services we provide in relation to the sale of a Leasehold Residential Property.
The services covered by our fees are as follows:
- Taking your instructions.
- Contacting the Estate Agents and Buyer’s Solicitors and maintaining this communication throughout the sale process.
- Drafting the Contract and obtaining the title documentation and providing these to the Buyer’s Solicitors.
- Dealing with enquiries raised by the Buyer’s Solicitors.
- Advising you on all documents and information received.
- Providing you with regular updates on the progress of your sale transaction.
- Arranging for you to sign the Contract and Transfer documentation.
- Obtaining a redemption figure for all charges registered against the property.
- Preparing the file for exchange of contracts.
- Agreeing the completion date.
- Exchanging Contracts.
- Drafting a completion statement which will provide you with a complete and accurate breakdown of the financial information and the balance of any monies due to you on completion.
- Preparing the file for completion.
- Completing your sale.
- Following completion we will deal with the repaying of all charges and pay any Estate Agents fees and will forward the signed Transfer Deed and Title Deeds to the Buyer’s Solicitors.
We base our legal fees on the valuation of the property you are selling. The table below provides you with an indication of our legal fees based on the value of the property.
|Sale Price||Up to £150,000||£150,000 – 250,000||£250,000 – 350,000||£350,000 – 500,000|
|Legal Fees (not including VAT) £||500.00||525.00||575.00||725.00|
If the property being sold is over £500,000.00 please ring for a personal quote.
Where money is being transferred electronically we charge a bank transfer fee of £21 inclusive of VAT.
Our fees for the sale of a Leasehold Property assume that this is a standard transaction. If factors arise during the course of the transaction which you require us to assist you with additional fees will be incurred, for example:
- If there are defects in title which require the title to be amended, an indemnity insurance policy to be arranged or Statutory Declarations to be made.
- There is a Freehold Management Company involved.
- There is a Help to Buy Mortgage to be repaid.
- There are restrictions or notices on the title which must be complied with or removed.
If matters arise in your sale transaction which require additional work we will inform you of this and confirm to you the amount of any additional costs to be incurred.
Disbursements are costs payable to third parties during your sale transaction for example:
- Obtaining official copies of the Land Register and title plan of the property and any other title documents from the HM Land Registry.
- There may be a fee for obtaining a presale pack from the Landlord/Management Company/Managing Agent.
There may be other disbursements payable which we will inform you of once we have all of the information about your transaction.